SURFACE DESIGN STUDY: RESEARCH & DESIGN


For this assignment, I went on a scavenger hunt. For my search, I concentrated on patterns and geometric shapes.

























My original idea was more toward organic forms, which I considered since I was inspired by Mexico. Since I wanted to incorporate some of that feeling and colours into my pattern design, I researched some exciting ideas and vibrant colours.










I focus on geometric shapes, especially squares I arranged into each other, obtaining attractive design composition.


I kept working on my idea until I was happy with the pattern, the beginning to hatch, which was time-consuming, but I was having fun. 




Here is a close up of my final design before hatching.

Hatch and choose vibrant colours

working with the colours close up!

Final composition:






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog